Gangster and serial hit-maker, Naira Marley recently dished out a new collection titled “LOL” (Lord Of Lamba) EP.
Raised in UK, the Nigerian rapper is the self acclaimed pioneer of Afro-Baashment, a sound fusion of Afrobeat with Jamaican and British influences.
Well known to be a noncoformist, radical, chain smoker, he was arrested few days after his birthday in May. An occasion which sparked his meteoritic fame and massive online followership. His battalions of foot soldiers called Marlians have in their ranks a couple of A-list international stars.
Naira Marley’s new record “LOL” (Lord Of Lamba) EP houses 6-tracks with featured appearances from Young John the wicked Producer, Mayorkun and C Blvck. Songs were produced by some of Africa’s finest hitmakers such as Killertunes, Rexxie and Studio Magic.
Naira Marley’s LOL EP was done in a variety of languages prominent among which is English, Pidgin English and Yoruba.
1. Tingasa (feat. C Blvck): On this track, the Marlians president sings and flaunts his bevy of intercontinental ladies.
2. Tesumole: Naira Marley defies logic as he has subtle tricks of winning new converts to his fold through the magic of his lyrics. On this track, the mastreo combines the famous Leg work dance with some Gospel tunes. Amazing you say?
3. Mafo (feat. Young Jonn): Mafo is the Yoruba transliteration of “Never be Intimidated”.
4. Isheyen: Remember Big Booty Hoe (Birthday Song) by 2Chainz, lol that’s all you need to understand this jam.
5. Oja (Challenge Version): Truly a Bad Influence, he released this sound for Marlians to freestyle & vibe to.
6. Yanyanyan (feat. Mayorkun): Hilariously, this track could be dubbed as the afrobeats version of Chris Brown’s This Hoes ain’t loyal.
Enjoy this Afro-Baashment EP below